Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First days in Leeds

Hey everyone!

I am writing from my wonderful student room in Leeds!
After travelling over nine hours to get to Leeds, it's was a wonderful feeling to know that I had a host counsellor and other Rotary Scholars at the University. Everything has been great since my arrival. my host counsellor and his wife have been nothing but wonderful to me! My flatmates are wonderful and assist me with getting myself situated for school.

The weather is chilly and very different from Jamaica but it is a wonderful change. I have met students from as far as Yemen, China and Australia. The campus and city are extremely diverse and I look forward to fulfilling my Ambassadorial duties here.

I am also very excited about this weekend as I travel to Scotland. Myself and Paige (another
Rotary Scholar) will be travelling to Glasgow and we will be hosted by some Rotarians.

Keep checking for all the exciting photos!

Shaniek.


No comments:

Post a Comment