Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9 days and counting...

Hey everyone,

Today is my 9th day in Leeds and it has been wonderful!
Daily, I find myself exploring the city of Leeds to experience the adventures that it has to offer. My flatmates are great and we have been getting on well. Interestingly, all my flatmates are Chinese and to hear them speaking in Mandarin is now common. I see this opportunity as a wonderful way to learn about the Chinese culture.
My Mandarin flatmates, their friends and I out to dinner in Leeds



On Sunday, I visited the charming town of Scarborough. This small coastal town about two hours away from Leeds was quite a change of pace from the Leeds. It was wonderful! I visited the Scarborough castle, Ann Bronte's grave and got a chance to feel the sea breeze.

Scarborough


On Monday, I visited my host club- The Rotary Club of Roundhay. The Club was small and intimate. I met wonderful Rotarian's and was reminded that Rotary truly is a worldwide organization. The protocols of the meeting mirrored that of my sponsor Club and I felt honoured to be representing such an esteemed organization.

One Love,
Shaniek

No comments:

Post a Comment