Friday, July 16, 2010

As the World Turns


Hey everyone,

Can't believe its already mid-July! It already the beginning of the new Rotary year, installations of a new committees and the induction of new members have been underway.

My Rotaract Club, the Rotaract Club of Montego bay, like every other hosted an Installation and Induction ceremony. The event was exciting but was big reminder that I would be off to Leeds in a few weeks. I wouldn't be around to participate in projects with familiar people in my club or make jokes with now, life- long friends. I feel like a pioneer as I will be able to take all the things that I have learnt, to make a difference in another part of the world while championing the motto "Service above Self". Yep, I guess it sounds like somewhat of a super hero... luckily I like super heroes :)


Smiles all around- existing and newly inducted rotaracters at the Rotaract Club of Montego Bay's Induction and Installation Ceremony




Newly inducted members of the Rotary Club of Montego Bay pose with President Leon (extreme left) and Former Vice President Nancy (extreme right in front row)


Will keep you posted!
One Love,
Shaniek

No comments:

Post a Comment